أناقتي

الجنس انثى
تاريخ الميلاد تاريخ الميلاد : 14/10/1979
الْمَشِارَكِات الْمَشِارَكِات : 1343
السٌّمعَة السٌّمعَة : 4
الإنتساب الإنتساب : 22/12/2011
sms : Healthy Recipes,Cookbooks: Recipes, Cookbooks, and Culinary Adventures

Roast Banana-Pumpkin Breakfast Bread Recipe Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Roast Banana-Pumpkin Breakfast Bread Recipe   Roast Banana-Pumpkin Breakfast Bread Recipe Empty2/4/2014, 3:14 pm

Roast Banana-Pumpkin Breakfast Bread Recipe

Roast Banana-Pumpkin Breakfast Bread Recipe Roasted_banana_bread_recipe

Banana bread recipes tend to come in one of a small handful of variations. Some bake it straight and smooth - no nuts, no chunks. Some bake it hearty and chunky by adding lots of walnuts or pecans or macadamias (and sometimes chocolate chips). And others bake it sweet and drunk by adding shredded coconut and sugary rum glazes. Regardless of your personal preference, anyone who bakes these types of quick breads will tell you, the key to great banana bread is to start with extra-ripe bananas. I still get a bit squeamish when people suggest letting your bananas go all the way black before starting, but I try to let them ripen as much as possible before crossing the line...and then go for it.
I've been looking forward to trying this recipe for quite a while for a couple of reasons. First, because of the ingredient list. Stephan Pyles takes a traditional approach to banana bread and turns it on its head by infusing it with his distinctive Texas/Southwest flair. This version of banana bread includes rum-soaked golden raisins, toasted pumpkin seeds, coconut milk, and oven-caramelized ripe bananas.
The second reason I picked this recipe was because Chef Pyles also tends to use one or two special techniques in each his recipes that send his flavors over the top into a realm of deliciousness you didn't think was possible (especially in your own kitchen). This usually takes the form of an extra step or two, a bit more time, or extra ingredients - but as I've cooked my way though quite a lot of the recipes in this book, I've realized the payoff is always huge -- so I roll with it. In this case he has you soak golden raisins for an hour or so in a pot of hot rum until they are plump and juicy with booze. He also has you bake your bananas in the peel for a while until they are mushy and oozing, and starting to caramelize.
Once I had all the ingredients prepped, preparing the bread batter was a breeze. This is a quick bread so there is no yeast or rising time involved. The batter came together in just a few minutes. Into the oven it goes, and an hour later out came a beautiful golden, moist loaf of delicious roasted banana bread.
I am a huge fan of this cookbook and have another of his books, New Tastes from Texas, coming in the mail with my next Amazon shipment.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

استعرض الموضوع التالي استعرض الموضوع السابق الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

مواضيع مماثلة

-
» Sesame Banana Bread Recipe
» Pumpkin and Feta Muffins Recipe
» Breakfast Polenta Recipe
» Quinoa Skillet Bread Recipe
» Wheat Berry Breakfast Bowl Recipe

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات نجم الجزائر :: منتدى الأسرة المسلمة :: الأسرة المسلمة :: مطبخ نجم الجزائر :: cookbooks-