أناقتي

الجنس انثى
تاريخ الميلاد تاريخ الميلاد : 14/10/1979
الْمَشِارَكِات الْمَشِارَكِات : 1343
السٌّمعَة السٌّمعَة : 4
الإنتساب الإنتساب : 22/12/2011
sms : Healthy Recipes,Cookbooks: Recipes, Cookbooks, and Culinary Adventures

Cinnamon Buns Recipe Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Cinnamon Buns Recipe   Cinnamon Buns Recipe Empty2/4/2014, 2:40 pm

Cinnamon Buns Recipe Cinnamon_buns_recipe

Cinnamon Buns Recipe

It was Saturday morning, and I'd become preoccupied with the idea that we should have cinnamon buns on Christmas morning. Homemade, hot from the oven, loaded with sugar and spice, golden, buttery cinnamon buns. The kind that snuggle together in a pan until you coax one out for yourself. This isn't a family tradition, yet. But Lotta Jansdotter gave me the idea. Her book rather. And it was at that moment I found myself riffling through the spice drawer looking for ground cardamom and active dry yeast when I should have been wrapping presents, or finishing the construction of the IKEA EFFEKTIV storage unit stacked eleven boxes tall in my office. Ack.
Cinnamon Buns Recipe Cinnamon_buns_recipe_2
This was the plan. Make Lotta's cinnamon bun dough. Bake half. Freeze the remaining uncooked dough for Christmas morning. I'd put the frozen coils out on the counter on Christmas Eve, let them thaw overnight, and bake when I get to my sister's house on Christmas morning. But then I got worried - what if I told you to thaw your dough overnight on Christmas eve, and it didn't work out as planned? I'd feel bad. So I tested that, and the good news is, they baked up beautifully.
Cinnamon Buns Recipe Cinnamon_buns_recipe_3
To make these cinnamon buns you start by making a buttery yeast dough. I know some of you shy away from all recipes yeasty, but these really are fun to make. They take some time, because you need to let the dough rest and rise at various points, but most of that time isn't active. Once you get the hang of things, you can play around with all sorts of different fillings in future batches. If you want to explore something beyond cinnamon sugar, the filling can be anything from jam, a sweet compound butter, a flavored cream cheese filling...you get the idea.
Cinnamon Buns Recipe Cinnamon_buns_recipe_4
Backing up a bit, making cinnamon buns goes something like this: Mix the dough. Let it rise. Roll it out. Put down the filling. Roll. Slice. Another rise. Bake. You can see most of the steps in the pictures up above. Lotta sprinkles her cinnamon buns with pearl sugar before baking, which gives them a nice crunchy top, but I know a lot of people like a thick slathering of icing. I served these w/ raw sugar on top and icing on the side. I used the icing from these hermit cookies. Might I suggest a splash of bourbon as well? You can actually flavor the icing any number of ways...
Cinnamon Buns Recipe Cinnamon_buns_recipe_5
Let me know if you like these as much as I did. I made a few tweaks/changes to Lotta's original recipe which are reflected below. I made a fresh batch of dough yesterday, and they're all ready to go in the freezer. Happiest holidays and Merry Christmas to all of you. xo -h!
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

Cinnamon Buns Recipe

استعرض الموضوع التالي استعرض الموضوع السابق الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

مواضيع مماثلة

-
» Strawberry Panzanella Recipe
» Homemade Yogurt Recipe
» Cottage Pancakes Recipe
» Power Waffles Recipe
» Breakfast Polenta Recipe

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات نجم الجزائر :: منتدى الأسرة المسلمة :: الأسرة المسلمة :: مطبخ نجم الجزائر :: cookbooks-