أناقتي

الجنس انثى
تاريخ الميلاد تاريخ الميلاد : 14/10/1979
الْمَشِارَكِات الْمَشِارَكِات : 1343
السٌّمعَة السٌّمعَة : 4
الإنتساب الإنتساب : 22/12/2011
sms : Healthy Recipes,Cookbooks: Recipes, Cookbooks, and Culinary Adventures

Super-eggy Scrambled Eggs Recipe Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Super-eggy Scrambled Eggs Recipe   Super-eggy Scrambled Eggs Recipe Empty2/4/2014, 2:38 pm

Super-eggy Scrambled Eggs Recipe Supereggy_scrambled_eggs

Super-eggy Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had nice day with family, something I'm always thankful for. I did things like: race a three-year-old up a hill, hand off a huge sack of crushed malt, yeast, and hops to my brother-in-law, bake this, think about Christmas lists, and stand under the old oak tree my sister and I used to swing from. It got me thinking about the way my days tend to be shaping up in such a curious fashion lately. They're a real hodgepodge of tasks and activities. On one hand it makes me feel a bit scatter-brained, on the other I like the mix of creative, practical, and pedestrian. Wednesday, for instance, looked something like this...
Super-eggy Scrambled Eggs Recipe Supereggy_scrambled_eggs_2
Exit bed. Realize house is freezing, put on extra sweater. Immediately take sweater off after noticing excessive pilling, spend next ten minutes with sweater stone de-pilling. Put sweater back on. Start making scrambled eggs for breakfast. Burn toast. Repeat. Drop off film. Run dishwasher. Bottle beer in the dungeon/basement. Shower. Empty dishwasher while thinking some more about whether there should be a follow up to Super Natural Every Day. Jot a few related notes on back of photo, pin to idea board. Book hotel for February adventure. Mail car registration. Observe damage to herb-garden by cilantro-loving raccoons. Lunch. Purchase couch so living room isn't empty for another six months. Play around with 4x5 camera while thinking about what I might want to cook next week. Walk through Golden Gate Park (pics above). Assemble random day-before-Thanksgiving dinner from straggler ingredients in refrigerator while prepping my contributions. Help Wayne make rochers (below). And, related to today's recipe - write up a few notes related to the eggs I've cooked three times in the last week.
Super-eggy Scrambled Eggs Recipe Supereggy_scrambled_eggs_3
While I suspect another scrambled egg recipe is the last thing most of you need, this one caught my attention. I came across it while paging through the new Serious Eats book - the idea is to use whole eggs plus egg yolks to make your eggs extra rich, creamy, and flavorful. A bonus, I might add, is the color the extra yolks bring to the finished preparation (particularly if you're using good, well-sourced eggs). They end up looking bright, vibrant yellow, and more appetizing than your average plate of eggs. I tricked mine out a bit with a drizzle of oregano pesto, a few toasted sunflower seeds, and a side of thick toast topped with a bit of Gruyere (then left under the broiler for a flash). Thanks Ed and crew - and big congratulations on the book.
SF Bay Area - I'm going to be signing books at the Remodelista Holiday Market on December 3rd (10-4pm). Hope to see some of you there :)
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

Super-eggy Scrambled Eggs Recipe

استعرض الموضوع التالي استعرض الموضوع السابق الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

مواضيع مماثلة

-
» Herb Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs Recipe
» Baked Eggs Recipe
» Poached Eggs in White Wine Recipe
» Super Natural Every Day: Six Recipe Sampler
» You pick brown eggs over less-nutritious white

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات نجم الجزائر :: منتدى الأسرة المسلمة :: الأسرة المسلمة :: مطبخ نجم الجزائر :: cookbooks-