أناقتي

الجنس انثى
تاريخ الميلاد تاريخ الميلاد : 14/10/1979
الْمَشِارَكِات الْمَشِارَكِات : 1343
السٌّمعَة السٌّمعَة : 4
الإنتساب الإنتساب : 22/12/2011
sms : Healthy Recipes,Cookbooks: Recipes, Cookbooks, and Culinary Adventures

Rice and Sesame Pancakes Recipe Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Rice and Sesame Pancakes Recipe   Rice and Sesame Pancakes Recipe Empty2/4/2014, 2:36 pm

Rice and Sesame Pancakes Recipe Brown_rice_pancakes_recipe

Rice and Sesame Pancakes Recipe

After traveling quite a lot this spring, summer has taken on a completely different rhythm. As most of you know, because of this, I've been keeping close to home, and it's nice. Saturday mornings are my favorite, and they've developed their own little ritual. I get up early and go to the farmers' market, driving the back way, through North Beach, where it's quiet, empty, and peaceful at that hour. At the market I look at the bay and the bridge, and buy eggs, and favas, and strawberries and flowers, and sometimes get cappuccinos with friends. Wayne bakes bread while I'm gone, and when I get home we stand around slathering butter on slices while chatting. I unload my bag, and set to work trimming flowers for the house. I start a pot of brown rice, which I use throughout the week in any number of things - to stretch leftover soup, in fried rice, and in these pancakes, which became a fast favorite around here - I make them savory, and they work for just about any meal.
Rice and Sesame Pancakes Recipe Brown_rice_pancake_recipe_2Rice and Sesame Pancakes Recipe Brown_rice_pancake_recipe_3Rice and Sesame Pancakes Recipe Brown_rice_pancake_recipe_4
The inspiration came from Massa Organics. I buy their brown rice at the market, and wondered if Greg and his family had favorite ways to use their own rice. After a few moments of poking around on their site, I found an adaptation of a rice pancake recipe they love - originally from The Pancake Handbook: Specialties from Bette's Oceanview Diner. No surprise, the Massa's bumped up the amount of rice in the recipe significantly, and it's great. The brown rice adds a nutty texture, and lots of substance to the pancakes. I've been doing a version with crumbled nori, sesame, and spices, the recipe is down below.
Hope you all have a nice holiday. Here are a number of links to other recipes that might come in handy over the 4th - a really great salsa, lime & peanut coleslaw, summer corn salad, and an excellent, simple chocolate cake.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

Rice and Sesame Pancakes Recipe

استعرض الموضوع التالي استعرض الموضوع السابق الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

مواضيع مماثلة

-
» Sesame Banana Bread Recipe
» Strawberry Panzanella Recipe
» Homemade Yogurt Recipe
» Cottage Pancakes Recipe
» Power Waffles Recipe

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات نجم الجزائر :: منتدى الأسرة المسلمة :: الأسرة المسلمة :: مطبخ نجم الجزائر :: cookbooks-